If you drive your car Sunday morning to a restaurant for breakfast, or if you go to a Yoga class, or if you're going to work or shopping, you have to plug the meters now, or you'll get a pricey ticket. Almost 1,800 people got caught up in the new crackdown on Sunday parking.
Which is fine with me; I think people who drive should pay to park, and as long as you can stay a couple of hours, most of the meters in the city are a bargain.
But for some people, there are no Sunday meters, and no tickets. Those are the ones who don't bother with the meters and just park in the middle of the street while they're going to church.
I've been complaining about this for a long time, and nothing seems to change:
If you go to see the (secular) Mime Troupe in Dolores Park and you stick your car in the middle of the street, you get a ticket. If you drink at a (secular) bar or eat at a (secular) restaurant and you leave your car in the Valencia Street median, you get cited. You can't double park while you run in for a (secular) cup of coffee at Muddy Waters.
And now everyone engaging in secular activities has to pay to park, and the people who go to church get to park in the middle of the street, illegally, free of charge, and with full impunity.
I called Paul Rose, the MTA spokesperson, and asked if this harsh crackdown on Sunday meters would also include a crackdown on people who park illegally in the middle of Valencia Street, but he hasn't gotten back to me. I'll let you know if he does.
Most Commented On
- Wait just a little - the - April 16, 2014
- WONDERFUL MAN THAT GIVE MY FAMILY JOY AND HAPPINESS AND MAY MY G - April 16, 2014
- My life is back!!! After - April 16, 2014
- MY HUSBAND DIVORCE ME BUT: email@example.com BROUGTH HIM BACK - April 16, 2014
- BEST SPELL CASTER - April 16, 2014
- So Google glasses are BAD and - April 16, 2014
- Exactly. It must have a - April 16, 2014
- The Best Spell caster... Thanks to Prophet Ibu - April 16, 2014
- EsqGxhaSFO - April 16, 2014
- uSDPPdssFIKHP - April 16, 2014